The Christmas Tag

Because of the lack of posts on my blog lately (sorry, seasonal chores... present wrapping has taken over evenings more recently) I decided this was a good festive post to keep the festivities going online. The lovely Laura at Five Little Doves nominated me to take part in The Christmas Tag, So here it is.



What’s your favourite Christmas movie?


The Grinch, without a doubt. The most amazing christmas movie in the entire world. Elf comes in at a close second but I'm still yet to find a movie that tops the Grinch. It's the film I get so excited about watching year in year out. I can do the impressions and everything.

Have you ever had a White Christmas?

I want to say yes, but that could just be in my head. I'm pretty sure when I was about 5 it snowed for three days over christmas. Maybe I'm making it up... in my memories it snowed ok!!!! 


Where do you usually spend your holidays?

I usually go back and see family in Yorkshire over the holidays, do some  catching up, celebrate some more, play a few party games, drink a few bottles of wine *hic*. It's always nice to go back and catch up with everyone, you can't beat good company over a nice bottle!


What is your favourite Christmas song?

There's a few but the first I always choose first is Mariah Careys' - All I want for Christmas. There's just something about it that really, really gets me in the christmas mood. 


Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?

Noooooo! Can I?? As a kid we used to but that didn't last very long. Maybe when Rhun is a little older I can start doing him a Christmas Eve box that he can then open the night before Christmas, until then... nothing gets opened, it spoils it! 


Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Rudolph, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen

I cheated. I found this wooden decoration in Poundland this year and had to buy it so I could be reminded! 




Which holiday traditions are you looking forward to this year?

Eating, drinking. Durrrrr. How can one even question this? Just kidding. Wait, am I? I'm looking forward to boxing day with my grandparents as this will be the first year we've actually seen them over Christmas.





Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

Fake. I hate the smell of real christmas trees. I'm no scrooge. I just hate the smell of them, they make me sneeze soooo bad. I itch like crazy and those needles that drop off, nooooo thanks, not wise with a toddler. My main tree is white, can you even get real white trees? 


What is your favourite holiday treat/sweet/food?
Roast potatoes, like proppa roasties. Nice juicy, crispy roast potatoes, can't even appreciate them anymore than what I already do. I love them. Lifes all about the potatoes.  And a good ol' Yorkshire pudding! 


FYI I'm not going to answer with the typical #pigsinblankets .... I can't stand them. Really can't stand the taste of bacon. Ewww. 




Be honest, do you prefer giving or receiving gifts?

Receiving, obviously.


I mean, giving.

Wait... 



What is the best Christmas present that you have ever received?

Last year Rhun was rushed into hospital days before Christmas with suspected meningitis, he was floppy, fitting and stopped breathing so was rushed through to resus. He also managed to catch hand, foot and mouth whilst in hospital, had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics and developed conjunctivitis. Thankfully he was home and recovering well for his first Christmas, that was my best Christmas Present.  


                

What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?

NEW YORK. Without a doubt. I've never been abroad but it's always the one place I said I'd go as a kid. I love it. I can just imagine it to be incredibly amazing throughout the festive season. 


Are you a pro wrapper or do you fail miserably?
Previous years I admit I have failed miserably because I used to HATE wrapping gifts, I have little patience. However, I was totally inspired by my nans wrapping, like every year they are incredibly wrapped, she puts so much effort into her wrapping it made me a little jealous. This year I decided to take a little more time and wrap earlier (meaning things weren't rushed on Christmas Eve) and I got nice ribbon etc and they look awesome! Super proud of myself. Mission accomplished. 






Most memorable Christmas moment?

Rhuns' face last year (his first christmas) when he crawled his way into the living room and saw all the living room lit up and lots of presents under the tree. I'll never forget that.  


What made you realise the truth about Santa?

A teacher at my first primary school, she was actually my older brothers teacher. We were about 6 or 7 and She told everyone in assembly Santa wasn't real. Parents were absolutely livid - as you can imagine! Mrs Burden, (legit name!!!!!) I hope you're burdened with guilt! 


What makes the holidays special for you?

Before I had Rhun it was definitely having the chance to relax and drink a lot! Now, Rhun makes it special for me just like I make it special for him. Seeing family also makes it feel complete too. Having children changes the festive period for you, a lot! 


I nominate these lovely people-
VickyHollie, Sonia, CyndeyVicki & my blogger bff Holly 


Hope you all have an amazing Christmas.

See you all in the New Year

xxx

Share this:

 
Designed by OddThemes & Distributed by Free Blogger Template