How to fix an Iphone Speaker



I've noticed my Iphone speaker volume decreasing over the past few moths, at first I thought it was because of the teething toddler dribbling directly into the charger port and speaker... after drying it out so many times, I knew this wasn't the problem. I actually thought my speaker was buggered. I had to deal with my phone on literally the quietest volume and it been very crackly for nearly 12 months before I figured this simple fix!

You will need the following -

Torch (optional)
Iphone
Pin




I hope these images are clear enough that you'll be able to see what I'm talking about.. Anyway, take a look closely at the ports, and the speaker (4 holes..) the hole aren't black- which they should be. They are filled with crap, pocket lint etc. 




 
Pretty self explanatory, be gentle whilst doing this, but poke the pin in the hole to loosen the dirt and grime that's probably been collecting in there... well.. since you got your phone.
You'll start to see the dirt loosening and collecting on the end of the pin. You can either get a hairdryer, or just blow into the holes to remove the remainder of the dirt. 






 
The ports are lint and grime free. Now try and play some music, isn't it amazing? How much louder is it now! 




Easy peasy...


You're welcome :) 

Share this:

 
Designed by OddThemes & Distributed by Free Blogger Template