Why I'm lucky to be alive... again.

Count your blessings. Life is proppa. Life sucks at times. This has only just sunk in. 


I'm lucky to be alive - again. I was lucky to be alive 3 months ago when I collapsed with a PE on my lung when I first got diagnosed. 95% of people with PE's die, I'm that lucky 5%. I Was admitted with suspected pneumonia last weekend, thankfully just a chest infection but that tiny cough I caught off Rhun and a combination of missed medication nearly my took my life as my PE had enlarged. I will      NEVER miss my daily injections again, no matter how scared of needles I am, or how painful it may be. I've been told of stories of people who have lost family due to PE's, it's scary.


 I know I walk around without too much of a good fuck but I've broke down a few times this week mainly at the shock of the news and results of my latest scans... I carry my CT results in my purse to remind me of how lucky I am... anyway I'm having a good old drink tonight cause life is short and I've just finished my course of antibiotics 👌🏻 never take life for granted guys. I couldn't imagine Rhun growing up without me beside him. Hurts to think about it. He's my rock. He's my reason for living. Thank you to all those who have helped with hospital/emergency ambulance trips and for looking after Rhun when I couldn't. I owe you all.

Yes, I'm scared of every bloody chest pain. That's life from now on I guess.


Also, degenerative disc disease (DDD) at multiple levels also showed up on my CT scan. Probably explains a lot of my pain. I've also been referred for physio for this, I'll do an update later. 




Next stop, haematology appointment to see why I'm so unlucky. ... ....
94 days smoke free today. Stoptober starts tomorrow. Remember this when you think it won't happen to you, I didn't think it would happen to me but it did. Lung problems are killers. Smoking doesn't help.

Maybe I'm the unlucky one. You just gotta stay positive, innit. 

Share this:

 
Designed by OddThemes & Distributed by Free Blogger Template