Yankee Candle Review - Riviera Escape

So when I bought this tart I was full of cold so couldn't actually smell it, although at the time I wanted to try out the new Yankee collection. I've had them about a month now and chose other scents to burn instead. Picked this out to burn and completely forgot I had it as it was at the bottom of my tart bowl! 


Now the hot summer weather is on our doorstep I feel I'm drawn more to the fresher fragrances throughout the day. I love the label on this wax tart, such a pretty colour of wax too. Sometimes Yankee Candle make them look so pretty you don't actually want to burn them. I love looking at the tarts in my burner... seeing all the tiny little wax particles.. sooo cool! 





This scent reminds me of hunky workmen and light but fresh manly aftershave..

It's pretty yummy! It's such a fresh scent and I've really enjoyed burning it whilst it's been so hot outside. It's not an overpowering smell of aftershave but more of a subtle smell. I guess it does smell coastal like the scent description mentions but not a salty, warm coastal, a fresh sea air breeze kind of coastal!

It filled my kitchen easily, although didn't really escape into the living room like I was hoping it would, I mean, you could smell it in the living room but only very very slight and only near the kitchen doorway. The kitchen did however, fill quite easily and the fragrance was very uplifting and a very good pick for such a hot day. It's more of a colder fragrance, it doesn't warm a room up like say, Lush Berries would, this smells cold and fresh.

I'm not a fan of heavily scented aftershaves, I prefer subtle and this reminds me of a subtle but doable aftershave...

Maybe a hunky guy walking down the beach...
- That works! That's what it is, in wax tart form! 


I guess this would be great for smaller rooms but the throw lacks for larger rooms. It's a shame because this could totally be a favourite for me as I head towards fresh more than food, floral or fruity in Yankee Candles.

Strength of fragrance on cold throw - 5

Strength of fragrance on hot throw - 5

Would I purchase again? - YES

Here is the scent description from the Yankee Candle website:
A coastal scent of glittering promenades, full with hillsides of beautiful blossoms glowing in the sun

Share this:

 
Designed by OddThemes & Distributed by Free Blogger Template