Trying something new... Sewing!

I haven't touched a sewing machine for at least 10 years, today I decided I'd try my hand at it. Picked up some gorgeous clearance materials from Textile Express in town and decided to get my craft on. It only took me about 4 hours to work out how to thread the bloody sewing machine.. you think you hooked that bad boy up all right until you start doing stitches.. dayum, I need practice at this. I persevered though and managed to sort it.


 BUT HOW SUPER COOL IS THIS MATERIAL!!!

Decided to make Rhun a dribble bib.... 



 He totally loves it...

BAAAAAAAAA
 Stitches aren't perfect but I'm actually super proud of myself, I had no idea what I was doing, had to think ahead whilst at the material shop of everything I'd need - including velcro etc..



And I had no template to work from either! 



Also made him a new tie for church tomorrow! 

 I guess you never know what you are capable of unless you try new things :) I'll see what else I can create this week... 

Share this:

 
Designed by OddThemes & Distributed by Free Blogger Template