Glitter Paint and Pink Doors!

Picked up this glitter paint today from Wilkos. Thought I'd spruce up the old looking cupboards in my kitchen by adding a little bit of sparkle. I also got a small test pot of pink and painted over the handles, I just need to seal them tomorrow :)

The paint itself is very difficult to apply. It's very hard to get the glitter to distribute evenly without it looking patchy. I've done 2 coats on these photos with a small tin which was around £8. I'll grab another tin tomorrow and hope that by applying a few more layers it will even itself out and not look so patchy. I used the recommended synthetic paintbrush too and made sure I shook the tin as the glitter settles at the bottom.

I'm very happy with it, it's added a nice sparkle to my kitchen :) and the pink handles have injected some colour into my dull cupboards. I did however, get carried away with the pink test pot and start painting my door too! I need to grab another to do a second coat tomorrow so I'll do another updated post once finished. I haven't actually got round to doing any of my tiles yet so that's a job for another day.. Just not tomorrow, tomorrow is CAR BOOT SUNDAY!




GLITTER ADDED



BEFORE


ONE DRAWER GLITTERED







THIS DOOR WAS SUCH A SHED BEFORE


SECOND, POSSIBLY THIRD COAT NEEDED!

Share this:

 
Designed by OddThemes & Distributed by Free Blogger Template